Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
2012 ProInspire Fellowship Information Calls
Thank you for your interest in the ProInspire Fellowship!
I launched ProInspire in 2009 with a simple idea – help nonprofits get the talent they need so they can address society’s greatest problems. Since then, ProInspire has grown from an idea to a solution for nonprofits who need great talent toachieve their missions. I hope that you will soon be part of that solution, working with organizations that are addressing urgent issues to improve our world – from the Latin American Youth Center which provides critical youth development programs in Washington D.C., to the GAVI Alliance which brings life saving vaccines to children around the world.
The Fellows and I are eager to share more about our mission, the Fellowship and the 2012 selection process through our information calls. They will be about 45 minutes long and here is the agenda:
- Overview of the ProInspire Fellowship
- Background on our partners
- Hear from current Fellows/Alumni
In the meantime, don't forget to sign up for our blog, “Like” us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter. We will be sharing information about our calls there, as well.
I look forward to speaking with you!
CEO & Founder
ProInspire is building the next generation of nonprofit leaders by expanding the talent pipeline, developing professionals, and increasing diversity in the sector. We are passionate about accelerating social impact and being catalysts of outstanding performance.
Our flagship program, the ProInspire Fellowship, recruits top business professionals with 2-5 years of business experience who want to use their skills for social impact and to invest in a growing community of ProInspire fellows. Fellows spend one year working in an analytical or strategic role at a nonprofit organization. After the Fellowship, Fellows engage with our community of alumni to continue investing in the sector.
This highly competitive program offers targeted positions with leading nonprofits, monthly trainings with a cohort of peers, a coach, and a network to support career growth. Previous ProInspire Fellows come from across the U.S. with experience at Bain, Credit Suisse, General Mills, J.P. Morgan, Microsoft, Parthenon Capital, and other leading companies. Fellows work with top nonprofits based in the Washington D.C. area.
- Check out our video: http://www.proinspire.org/#video
- Sign up for our blog (http://www.proinspire.org/blog/), “like” us on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/ProInspire) and follow us on Twitter (https://twitter.com/#!/proinspire) to get updates on information calls and other events
- Read what others are saying about us: http://www.proinspire.org/about-us/news-media/
The Fellowship program runs for 12 months, with start dates in April 2012 and August 2012. Hiring partners include organizations focused on community development, education, international development, health, microfinance, social investing, and youth development. Roles for 2011 ProInspire Fellows included:
- ACCION International: Impact Investing Analyst
- Cesar Chavez Public Charter Schools for Public Policy: Marketing Manager
- City First Enterprises: Program Manager
Fellows participate in a 2-day Orientation, a mandatory Fellows retreat, monthly workshops, coaching, and leadership development projects. Fellows also receive career/graduate school support. After the program, Fellows stay in the social sector, find other career opportunities, or attend graduate school. Annual compensation of $42,000 and health benefits are provided by the hiring organization.
ProInspire conducts a rigorous selection process based on the selection criteria and needs of hiring organizations. Successful candidates will have:
- A minimum of two years of business experience by August 2012
- Passion for using their business skills to have a positive impact on society
- Humility and eagerness to learn
- Demonstrated initiative, self-direction and a “can-do” attitude
- Adaptability in ambiguous situations and demonstrated ability to learn quickly
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and project management skills
- Willingness to live in Washington D.C. for the program
Candidates applying for April 1st start dates or priority consideration for the August start dates should submit their resume and cover letter through our website by Wednesday, February 8th, 2012. Apply online at http://www.proinspire.org/fellows/apply/.
ProInspire is building the next generation of nonprofit leaders by expanding the talent pipeline, developing professionals, and increasing diversity in the sector. We are passionate about accelerating social impact and being catalysts of outstanding performance.Our flagship program, the ProInspire Fellowship, has brought outstanding young business professionals into leading nonprofits in the Washington, DC area, and we are currently recruiting a Spring and a Fall class of 2012 Fellows.